“If you’re hungry, eat.”
A simple sentence, but very difficult for many of us to execute.
Some examples / tips for both sides of this coin that are most commonly confused:
If you ARE hungry, then you SHOULD eat, EVEN IF:
– It’s a little earlier than you usually do;
– It’s only a short while after you just had a meal;
– It’s not a ‘regular’ meal time;
– You heard somewhere that you shouldn’t.
Your body does not lie to you. Your body does not want to sell you anything. Listen to it.
On the other hand:
If you ARE NOT hungry, then you SHOULD NOT eat, EVEN IF:
– You’re afraid you might be hungry later;
– You’re bored, tired, or thirsty;
– It’s a ‘regular’ meal time.
– Everyone else is doing it.
Adhere to this principle 80% of the time and you’ll be in pretty good shape.
Notice I did not say 100% … sometimes I like a snack while watching TV too, or a piece of chocolate in the mall just because I’m passing by it …
… it’s NOT about NEVER eating unless you’re hungry.
It’s just a rule of thumb for what to do most of the time.