Do you have ‘rules’ about eating?
I do have several principles which I hold to strongly, such as …
- I haven’t eaten gluten since 2007;
- I cook 90% of my food;
- I usually eat when I’m hungry;
- I occasionally eat a little less;
- I sometimes eat more;
- I’m not afraid of sugar or carbs;
- I purchase high quality ingredients;
- I eat close to zero highly refined foods;
- I periodically rotate or add a few new foods;
- I have a template for food shopping;
- I batch cook 2-3 times per week;
- I eat a relatively even balance of protein, carbohydrate, & fat.
… and while I am highly consistent (90% or more) with all of the above, I don’t think of any of those as ‘rules’.
They are all principles that work for me, which I know, because I’ve tested them – both ways.
(Yes, there was a time that I did not follow any of those at all.)
Even with the first one, my having been on a gluten-free regimen for over 15 years …
… as black & white as that is, I know that one day, I might decide to intentionally try something made from wheat again.
When I do have that fresh baked slice of sourdough bread in Paris, I’ll let you know.