Before I lift weights, I do a thorough dynamic warmup:
- Jog down forwards & back backwards
- Skip down forwards & back backwards
- Hop on each foot down & back
- Lunge down & back, with a reach/twist
- Bear crawls / crab walks down & back
- Skip for power down, then explosive frog jumps back
And a few other things.
No one is watching me do this.
It’s typically dark, at about 5:15 AM, outside on my sidewalk.
No one will ever know if I skip the last lunge on one of those trips down or back.
No one else, that is.