I’ve tried both early and late, extensively.
For a few years, I did all my weightlifting at night, before bed, because of my schedule.
These days, I do it very early.
The truth is that the optimal time, physically, for most human bodies to exercise it neither.
It is mid-afternoon, around 3 PM.
- Any time that you can stick to is better than none.
- It’s not true that you have to have food in your belly to exercise, I often workout fasted and then continue to fast for hours after that.
- Water with electrolytes is good.
- If you do work out in the PM, you might get hungry afterwards or have a harder time falling asleep. (Might.)
- Any time that you can stick to is better than none!