What is the future of food?
What trends are coming? What will your meals look like in 5, 10, or 20 years?
It’s the last Friday of 2018, and, I thought this would be a fun topic to close out the year.
- You’ll visit the grocery store less. More food will be delivered straight to your home. You may not even have to order it; your home will order it for you.
- Farming will become cooler. You’ll be more aware of how important it is to have good soil. You may even have, or share, your own farm.
- Your diet will get more & more customized. Following diet books and plans will fade away. What you eat every day will be precisely determined by your genetics and biomarkers.
- Food waste will become more and more uncool. Unsustainable packaging will reduce. Upcycling will become more popular.
- ‘Big food’ will bend more and more to grass roots movements. The big guys aren’t going away any time soon. But they’re starting to follow where you spend your dollar much more closely.
- The ‘grab & go’ mentality and ‘screen time’ addiction will both decrease. Although these may get worse before they get better, at the end of the day, we are social beings. We crave human connection. We will sit down, look each other in the eye, and enjoy our meals with conversation.
Those are not predictions. Those are evaluations of the food industry from a professional. These things are happening, now.
So, if you want to know where to invest in that space, there it is 🙂
You can also invest in yourself, right now, by scheduling a free, confidential health consultation with me. Just reply to this email for details.
I would like to take a moment to thank you for reading these posts. Thank you to everyone. I see every one of your reactions & comments, and I hear you when you meet me out on the street. All of your feedback means a lot, and is deeply appreciated.
As we move into the New Year, be aware that your health is always changing, all the time. Wherever you are on your health journey, it’s about learning how to make the best choices that you can make right now.
Yes, there are some basic principles that work, and lots of good guidance out there.
But don’t get discouraged if you’ve tried lots of diets, resolutions, and gimmicks without success.
There’s a reason those things don’t work or last: they’re not exactly right for you, in some way.
You can and will figure out what works for you, even if you need a little help at first.
Happy New Year!