Nobody tells you about a problem they’re having unless:
- You’ve asked, or;
- They are asking for help.
Let’s say you haven’t asked.
That leaves the other scenario: they want you to help.
- It might not be something they admit.
- It might not be more than just to listen.
- It might not be a good time for you.
- It might not be a big problem.
- It might not be one you can solve.
- It might not be helping them, if you try.
But make no mistake about it: even if it doesn’t sound like a question, they are asking.