Are you skeptical that ‘social media’ can grow your business? There is a lot of fluff out there, and it’s difficult to sift through. The easy thing to do is tell yourself:
- I’m never going to ______ . (insert verb that you despise such as: tweet, blog, tumble, +1, or like)
- It takes too much time to ______ . I have a business to run.
- That’s old news, everyone is already _______ .
But now I am going to ask you:
- What do you want for your business?
- Do you have a better chance of finding that alone, or by connecting with the people who can deliver it directly to you?
- Do you those people live next-door to you?
A few weeks ago I took a chance and reached out to a widely recognized industry professional. This person is at the top of their field; and regarded as one of the best. Simply by making sincere contact, I was given something I could never afford; more valuable than I can ever repay in dollars. I was given a spark.
(I rarely withhold specifics, but, in this case I don’t want to encourage this person receiving mass solicitations.)
The way in which I will repay their efforts is to double my efforts to make the project work, and spread the word about their business to others.
You might find great advice like that locally, but you’ll greatly increase your odds by using the internet.
I promise, as long as you know what you’re looking for, you won’t be wasting your time.